3 cups organic chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 ripe avocado (peeled and pitted before use, of course!)........... you may substitute one ripe banana if you prefer your hummus a bit sweeter!
1/4 cup ground flaxmeal
1/2 cup cacao powder
1/2 cup organic coconut cream
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 tablespoon organic coconut sugar
Garnish: drizzle coconut cream and sprinkle cacao nibs on top!
1. Toss everything into the blender (except garnish!)... and... BLEND!
2. Pour into preferred serving dish (I used a pie pan), garnish with coconut cream and cacao nibs, cover with foil, and refrigerate for approximately two hours before serving.
1. Scoop into cute little dessert cups and serve like a mousse.
2. Serve with miniature biscotti for use as a dip.
3. Use as a spread for toast.
4. Prepare a healthy crust as a base (maybe I will come up with a recipe for this down the line!), pour hummus on top, refrigerate per recipe... and, voila! A pie!