Nutty Mocha Bites
~ approximately 2 dozen bites ~
1/2 cup unsweetened sunflower seed butter
1 packet instant coffee powder (I use Starbucks VIA)
1/2 cup chocolate protein powder (click HERE to see what kind I use!)
1 cup almond meal
1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 tbsp. cacao nibs, grated
1.5 oz. 72% organic dark chocolate bar, grated
1. Mix everything in a medium-sized mixing bowl using a spoon or spatula at first... and then...
2. Get your hands dirty!!! Smash it all up, form a big ball o' dough, and then mold into individual bites, about one tbsp. each
3. Refrigerate for approximately 30 minutes before enjoying.
1. I like to serve mine in mini baking cups so I can bring them to work to share!
2. I definitely recommend serving with a glass of milk of some kind (regular, almond, coconut, whatever strikes you!)... these little angels are RICH, so some ice cold milk goes really well with them!
3. If you're nervous about the instant coffee not being uniform throughout, simply dissolve it in 1/4 purified water before adding it to the mixture, and reduce your almond milk to 1/8 cup.
4. You could sprinkle a little something on top for color; it's up to you... I couldn't justify powdered sugar on a healthy treat!