Spaghetti Squash Side Dish
~ makes 12 servings ~
(be sure to clean all ingredients prior to use)
1 large organic spaghetti squash
12 oz. organic heirloom tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, diced
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pesto
freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
2. Carefully cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, and scoop out seeds. Place squash face-down in 9X12 glass baking dish (use a larger dish if you really scored on the squash!).
3. Fill baking dish with purified water, enough to cover flesh of squash.
4. Bake for approximately 60 minutes, until squash is cooked through and tender.
5. Remove squash from oven and allow to cool.
6. Scoop out flesh of cooled spaghetti squash into stainless steel or glass bowl. Add tomatoes, olives, sunflower seeds, pesto, and pepper. Mix well.
(Baking times vary depending on your oven. Refrigerate cooled leftovers.)
1. Serve as a cold side dish at a picnic.
2. Warm and serve two scoops as your main course for dinner.
3. Enjoy a scoop as a snack.